Thwarting the cyber criminals is not an easy task. But, company, government, and organizations have started to get the parallel action to limit and discourage cybercriminals. Following are action against cybercriminals.
- Creating early warning system sensors and alert system. The system is too much costly, so, therefore, it is impossible to watch each network. The organizations only watch high-value targets because these high-value targets are more chances to experience cyber attacks.
- Creating complete databases of identified system vulnerabilities and attack signatures. Organizations distribute these databases over the globe to help and prepare for and keep away many common attacks.
- Establishing information security management standards for national as well as for international organizations.
- Sharing of cyber intelligence information between the organization and nations. Government agencies and countries now work together to share critical information about serious attacks to prevent the similar attack in other places. Several countries have organized their cyber intelligence agencies to work together worldwide in warfare major cyber attacks.
- Making new laws to dispirited cyber attacks and data breaches. These laws also have strict penalties to punish cyber criminals caught carrying out unlawful actions.
Following are the measures to thwart cybercriminals and a brief explanation of each.
The National Common Vulnerabilities and Exposure (CVE) was developed a national database to give a publicly available database of all known vulnerabilities. CVE is a list of entries each containing the identification number, description, and at least one public note for publicly known cybersecurity vulnerabilities.
Early Warning System
Cyber early warning systems (CEWS) aim at alerting such attempts in their growing stages. Design and implementation of such systems involve many research challenges. The Honeynet Project is an international security research organization, which investigate the latest attacks, developing open source security tools to improve Internet security and learning how hackers behave. It is in an example of an Early Warning System. The project also provides a HoneyMap which display the real-time visualization of attacks.
Share Cyber Intelligence
Sharing of cyber information and intelligence to prevent hostile cyber attacks. The InfraGard is a partnership between the FBI and the private sector which is an example of the widespread sharing of cyber intelligence.
The ISO/IEC 2700 standards are an example of information security management standards. It is also called ISO 2700 standards. The ISO/IEC 2700 standards help organizations keep information assets secure such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details or information entrusted to you by third parties. It is the best-known standard in the family providing requirements for an information security management system (ISMS).
ISACA is a self-governing, nonprofit, global association that tracks laws related to cybersecurity. It is previously known as the Information Systems Audit and Control Association, ISACA now goes by its acronym only. These laws address personal privacy for the protection of intellectual property. These laws include the Cybersecurity Act, the Data Breach Notification Act, Federal Exchange, and the Data Accountability and Trust Act.